Dear West Coast Seeds Community,
All of us on the West Coast Seeds team wanted to say “hi” and hope that you are all staying healthy and strong during the strange and scary time. Now is the time to look after yourselves, your families and your communities. The community of gardeners is known for sharing and coming together and we are here to support you.
Yesterday was the first day of Spring which usually signals the happiest time of the year for our team. Although this has been a challenging time for all of us, we are excited to be able to spend some time in our gardens and get some much needed Garden Therapy. More than ever we are seeking an enjoyable healthy activity that can be done on your own or with a small group. Gardening can provide calmness, clarity of purpose, connection to nature and the ability to cultivate beautiful flowers and fresh healthy vegetables and herbs. Whether you garden in your back yard or on your patio, you will be surprised how easy it is to grow your own food and we are here to provide you with lots of growing advice and garden wisdom.
As the spread of COVID-19 continues we are being challenged with an unprecedented demand for our seeds and garden accessories. Our team continues to work tirelessly to process and ship orders, answer questions and provide you with our high level of customer service during this challenging time. However, currently we are faced with shipping delays of approximately 30 days from the time your order is placed. We don’t know if demand will continue to increase, but if it does, delays could be longer. As we seek out more ways to get our seeds out to you quickly, we wanted to let you know the steps we have taken so far:
- We have instituted additional sanitary procedures in our facility and strictly monitor social distancing practices. With many of our office staff able to work from home, we have reorganized our workspace to accommodate more social distancing.
- Our retail store has been temporarily closed until March 31 at which time we will re-assess our situation. We have been able to re-assign all store staff to other positions without job losses. Many of our retail partners across Canada are still well stocked with our seeds. Their names and locations can be found here.
- Our warehouse and office facility has been closed to the public and our phone hours reduced. This will allow our team to concentrate on our online and retail partner orders as much as possible to reduce the backlog.
- We are fulfilling orders in the sequence that they are received and no longer holding orders awaiting late arriving seeds or production backorders. Backorders will be processed as they are packaged and ready for shipment and are shipped free to all customers.
- We are encouraging all customers with questions regarding their orders or on planting advice to email us or leave a message on our website. Additional team members have been assigned to provide you with information and answers to your questions sent by these methods.
West Coast Seeds is truly grateful for the outpouring of support and patience you have shown us. We get great satisfaction to see the overwhelming recognition of the benefits of organic gardening and growing from seed and we are honoured to be your partner.
Our promise is to keep doing our best to meet your needs while keeping our team safe, happy, and healthy.
Thanks again for your understanding and happy gardening!
-West Coast Seeds