Dear West Coast Seeds Community,
We need to do our part to protect everyone. The safety of our employees and our communities is our top priority and we are talking responsible precautions to help stop the spread of the virus where we can.
For us, that means following physical distancing requirements in our warehouse and having as many of our employees work remotely as possible. We are limiting the number of our staff that can be in our warehouse at one time and are alternating shifts to reduce congestion and allow for physical distancing.
Given the time sensitive nature of planting, we do not want to disappoint our customers with shipments beyond their “planting window”. It is already time to think about planting for fall and winter harvests.
We are now able to fill most new web orders within the week.
Many of our valued retail partners are open or accepting orders over the phone and offering curbside pickup to continue operating their businesses.
Don't Judge a Seed Packet By Its Cover!
As a result of increased demand and our limited supply chain we have run out of certain verities of packets. You may receive our typical beautiful packet, but you may get a temporary packet. We can assure you its the same seed, just a different packet. For growing instructions, please see our website!
As we seek out more ways to get our seeds out to you quickly, we wanted to let you know the steps we have taken:
- We are continuing two shifts each day and have instituted additional sanitary procedures in our facility and strictly monitor social distancing practices. With many of our office staff able to work from home, we have reorganized our workspace to accommodate more social distancing.
- We are now able to fulfill most new web orders within the week.
- Our retail store in Delta, BC is now open in a limited capacity. Before planning your visit to our store, please review our hours and restrictions HERE. Many of our retail partners across Canada are still well stocked with our seeds. Their names and locations can be found here.
- Our warehouse and office facility remains closed to the public, but we are hoping to receive phone calls to our customer service help-desk soon.
- Our phone lines will re-open starting Tuesday, May 19.
- We are fulfilling orders in the sequence that they are received and no longer holding orders awaiting late arriving seeds or production backorders. Backorders will be processed as they are packaged and ready for shipment and are shipped without shipping charges.
- We are encouraging all customers with questions regarding their orders or on planting advice to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional team members have been assigned to provide you with information and answers to your questions sent by these methods.
- We are using seeds purchased and reserved for 2021 in order to fulfill surging demand for core products.
We appreciate you trusting us with your order and as a result of your continued support we have been able to keep all of our staff employed and paid over this time. Over the years, as our West Coast Seeds community has been faced with challenges, we have always been inspired by how we emerge stronger and with an even deeper sense of purpose. We will persevere through this challenge, too.
Thank you and happy gardening,
West Coast Seeds